Facility: ABRAXAS ACADEMY
Compensation Base: 45,000-50,000
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
The Training Manager position provides oversight of the program/facility training needs to include orientation training, annual/ongoing, and professional certification requirements of the program.
- Supervise administration of training department responsibilities including scheduling, guidance, evaluation and development of training staff; provide training to instructors and ensure quality and efficient delivery of training materials or curriculum.
- Ensure development, implementation, and scheduling of training to include new staff member orientation, individual staff member training, annual/on-going training, job/position related training, and clinical staff development to obtain professional certification.
- Conduct needs analysis studies, compile data and analyze past and current year training requirements to develop an assessment for program management; coordinate training needs with appropriate supervisory staff members to plan annual training calendars, prepare training budgets and justify requested training funds.
- Oversee maintenance of record-keeping system and training files for all current and prior staff members per outside referral and licensing agencies for the purposes of regulatory compliance.
- Develop and maintain training curriculum that includes, but is not limited to policies and procedures, professional knowledge, and mandated training for various topics such as Safe Crisis Management (SCM), sensitivity to multi-cultural clients, documentation (treatment planning, DAP format, progress reports), emergency procedures (CPR, first aid, HIV/AIDS etc.), involvement of outside agencies, suicide prevention, and medical policies and procedures.
- Organize, develop, and maintain training resource library that includes training manuals, professional journals, books, videos, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Advise on appropriate instructional procedures or methods to include individual training, group instruction, self study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role play, and computer-based training.
- Research and select outside consultants, trainers, and appropriate materials to conduct training in specific job/position or programmatic related topics.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures and coordinate training sessions for new policies and procedures implemented into the program/facility.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.