Facility: RS CDCR ORANGE COUNTY CA
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position assists participants with transitional programming to include mental health, transitional housing and general counseling needs while developing and coordinating reentry programs to ensure continuity of care for the offender and facilitate services for offenders with housing needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies, organizes, maintains and disseminates housing information conducive to long term recovery, and stable housing (e.g. shared, supportive, subsidized, clean and sober, moderate income housing, etc.);
- Locates market-rate housing opportunities such as Craigslist and/or other sources
- Mentors the parolee in disclosing appropriate information regarding past convictions and/or parole status when attempting to secure housing
- Creates housing and placement plans with each parolee based on his/her goals and needs related to housing
- Provides referrals to community housing and related resources
- Follows up with the parolee regarding housing applications submittals and other aspects of their search
- Ensure parolees adhere to all rules and requirements of the THPC (Transitional Housing Placement Coordinator)
- Prepares for and facilitates weekly housing meetings to share current opportunities to help parolees complete housing applications and provide information identifying practices of a good tenant
- Oversees transitional housing in the community to ensure the facilities are in compliance contract requirements.
- Complies with work rules and policies
- Complies with facility safety rules and takes appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation
- May perform all duties of Case Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.