Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Talent Acquisition Coordinator at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to support the talent acquisition team with the candidate recruitment and hiring process. This position will play a critical role in providing administrative and logistical support to facilitate a seamless candidate experience during recruiting, screening, and onboarding of new hires. This will include a broad set of responsibilities including sourcing and reviewing candidate resumes. This position will also focus on ensuring a great candidate experience at all touchpoints during the screening, interviewing, and hiring process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Act as a point of contact for all administrative duties related to the talent acquisition department.
- Prepare and post job descriptions, ensuring accuracy of job postings by verifying data from our HRIS database.
- Post job openings and manage job advertisements on a variety of third party job boards, networking sites, and social media platforms.
- Provide support to recruiters by reviewing resumes, identifying qualified candidates, and sourcing candidates when needed.
- Schedule interviews for candidates with hiring managers and/or recruiters. Manage on-site logistics such as conference room reservations, conference room preparation, and creation of interview itineraries for local and traveling candidates.
Greet candidates for interviews and conduct facility tours.
- Book travel for candidates when necessary, to include flights, hotels, and ground transportation. Serve as a liaison between potential traveling candidates and recruiters.
- Initiate and review background screens, education verification, employment verification, credit, and OFAC screens.
- Generate and distribute weekly new hire lists to onboarding team members.
- Maintain a shared coordinator email inbox, which is used as the entry point for most action items for talent acquisition coordinators.
- Take meeting notes and maintain archives, including metrics data for recruiters.
- Coordinators may be asked to attend job fairs, campus fairs, and networking events.
- Oversee the contractor hiring process, including conducting necessary background screens.
- Generate metrics that will be distributed to PenFed senior management to provide updates on recruiting efforts and effectiveness.
- Execute individual projects to completion and participate in project groups.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; major in Business, Human Resources or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of professional work experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication is required for this role.
- Strong interest in the field of recruiting required and some recruiting-related experience is preferred.
- Experience in an applicant tracking system (ATS) and human resource information system (HRIS) is preferred, specifically iCIMS and PeopleSoft.
- Experience with SharePoint is preferred.
- Must be comfortable answering phone calls related to general inquiries about open positions or onboarding activities.
- Must be comfortable maintaining a presence on professional online networking sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.