Barnes Group Inc. has an exciting career opportunity for a Corporate Tax Intern, located in our HQ in Bristol, CT. The candidate will work collaboratively with Tax leaders in our Corporate Tax and Treasury team. In this role, the individual supports functions of the Corporate and Segment tax compliance and planning functions. If you are a high-energy, results-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and have great spreadsheet skills, please submit your name for further consideration.
- Work as part of the Corporate Tax team to learn many key aspects of the tax process.
- Support the team by assisting in key tax process responsibilities such as maintaining tax calendar and ensuring proper state tax downloads / instructions
- Collaborate with various tax directors and team to prepare tax account reconciliations (training will be given) as well as assist with estimated tax payments and assist with deferred tax quarterly items
- Support the tax team by assisting with tax compliance matters including potential state tax return preparation and state apportionment prep
- Develop strong tax systems knowledge by assisting with One Source tax reporting software implementation
- ness Planning & Analysis Teams
- Provide general clerical and other administrative and tax accounting support
- Must be an Accounting major in second or third year of college
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and share information, knowledge, and expertise with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work well with others with limited supervision
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines
- Develop effective working relationships which foster integrity and respect
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com. Click on Careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume on line.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)