SGS is a Swiss based global company that is the leading independent Testing, Inspection, Verification and Certification company in the world. With over 90,000 employees in 130 countries, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services. Summary:
Preparation of U.S. consolidated federal, state combined and separate income tax returns ,as well as computation of interim and year end income tax provisions. Primary Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file the consolidated federal income tax return, extension and quarterly estimates, for the U.S. parent and seven subsidiaries.
- Prepare/review state income tax returns (consolidated/combined and separate) including extensions and applicable quarterly estimates.
- Analyze and reconcile the return information derived from an Oracle financial database with the year end provision prior to preparation of all returns utilizing Corptax Software.
- Review annual reports, property tax renditions, sales and use tax reports, and various local non-income tax reports prepared by Tax Associates.
- Compute current and deferred income tax provisions for interim and year end provisions, including reconciliation of provision to actual filed returns.
- Assist the Tax Director on all external federal, state and local income tax audits, including analyzing and preparing all supporting documentation to any information document requests.
- Assist the Tax Director on federal/state tax credit generation projects, tax planning, and other ad hoc projects.
Education, Required Skills & Competencies:
- College degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline
- A minimum of five (5) years of direct transferable experience in corporate tax.
- Prior international exposure or working in a multi-cultural environment managing international projects.
- A working knowledge of an ERP system, Oracle R12 (preferred), Corptax and Microsoft Office.
- Tax Provision experience.
- Able to think creatively and clearly express their vision and ideas.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to non technical people and vice versa
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call (201) 508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.