This is an indirect labor role and supports Manufacturing operations. This role provides leadership and communication to the manufacturing workforce.
Role & Responsibility
• Meet required production schedules while Leading safety, quality, teamwork, lean manufacturing.
• Ensure consistent application of Standard Work at each workstation through audits, coaching and training.
• Attend daily production meetings as required.
• Lead all necessary area communications for subsequent production shifts. (daily SQDC Board Meeting)
• Lead communication of Safety and Quality Alerts.
• Maintain & update cell and SQDC boards.
• Check part availability and report outages to the appropriate process owner. Communicate & track hot parts.
• Direct and assign workforce according to skill, ability, using 3x3x3 methodology.
• Identify and work to resolve area bottlenecks to ensure balanced workload.
• Determine overtime as needed.
• Work to perform root cause analysis and eliminate safety and quality concerns in a timely manner.
• Oversee work area maintenance and cleaning to assure compliance with Lean Production Management System guidelines.
• Perform process audits (safety, quality).
• Schedule and ensure maintenance of area.
• Update and maintain area cross training matrix.
• Provide assistance, training and retraining to new, current, or reassigned employees.
• Serve as point contact for area new hires
• Manage hourly pace for area based on line balance.
• Backfill for supervisor for LPMS meetings
- • Education Required: Diploma - High School Diploma/Equivalent
o Allow Equivalent
• Experience Required: 0>2 years
• Travel Required: < 10%
• Must be able to read and receive instructions in English.
• Must be able to follow established methods and procedures and perform work accordingly.
• Must have the ability to work rapidly and under time pressure for extended periods of time in order to meet build requirements.
• Must possess basic machining knowledge and the ability to read build sheets and blueprints.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent team building skills.
• Light computer skills required.
• The ability to communicate with supervisors and fellow workers in both written and verbal forms at a level normally acquired through the completion of high school or equivalent is required.
• Job specific skills, techniques and safe work and equipment operating practices are learned through on-the-job and classroom training.
• General instructions are given on recurring duties, operations, or assignments; detailed instructions are given on new duties, operations, or assignments.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent finger tightening of nuts into hydraulic hoses/tubes (finger tight) and finish with wrench tightening.
- 4-10 times a cycle (varying from ½ hr. to 6 hrs.) using an impact wrench to tighten nuts and bolts.
- Frequent use of a wrench to tighten nuts and bolts.
- Occasional use of hoist.
- Occasional/frequent reaching inside of lawnmower frame.
- Occasional use of hammer to tap parts in place.
- Standing, walking and occasional squatting walking.
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.