Team Leader (Logistics)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
The role reports to the Procurement & Logistics Team Lead and is located in Mebane, North Carolina. As a Team Leader (Logistics), you will be accountable to the Logistics Supervisor for leadership of the assigned areas, responsible for driving & coordinating all activities of the assigned logistics team to ensure fulfillment of orders to customer satisfaction, manage finished goods inventory and assist in all logistics operations.
- Maintains control of backlog ensuring orders are shipped in a timely manner
- Communicate with Sales and Customer Service to expedite orders to customers
- Effectively coordinate transportation decisions to maintain the lowest cost provider while maintaining quality
- Role models and supports a culture that holds team members accountable for adhering to all job expectations and to all Company and department policies and procedures
- Routinely shares observations with Supervisor to improve individual and team capability
- Expresses policy and program concerns to management, rather than coworkers
- Has zero tolerance for deviations from ABB Values
- Follows all environmental and safety regulations affecting operation
- Acts and works safely; encourages safe practices and holds others accountable for safety
- Provides high quality documentation per area expectations
- Role models proper communication practices
- Routinely uses and encourages the use of procedures and checklists
- Proactively redlines operating procedures or checklists to maintain accurate documentation
- Handles sensitive or confidential information appropriately
- Effectively communicates with maintenance and contractors concerning jobs being performed within the Department
- Knows and effectively uses knowledge of key parameters of every unit operated and/or maintained and how to handle process upsets or equipment failures
- Understand and consistently use problem solving and advanced troubleshooting skills in your area; how to use them and what to do if they aren’t working
- Recommend improvements to QMS, Training and other tools to improve team member understanding
- Actively troubleshoots and problem solves to correct minor problems immediately and initiates corrective actions for larger problems
- Maintains awareness of current or potential process and/or equipment issues under their area of responsibility
- Reports errors and issues in reporting database or shift log accurately and in a timely manner
- Understands alarm system and emergency procedures within the department
- Engages team members to understand the work environment, train on specific tasks, develop trouble shooting expertise and/or provide coaching
- Expects others to take responsibility for assigned tasks
- Provides input to Supervisor on Team strengths and improvement opportunities
- Seeks to develop her/himself – continual learning
- Actively teaches others and promotes team accomplishments
- Reinforces team members for specific work and value added contribution
- Develops relationships to promote teamwork between Teams and other organizations
- Completes assignments and projects on time
- Effectively plans and organizes own work and the work of others, as needed
- Role models a high work ethic and expects the same from team members
- Exhibits an approach to daily routines which is consistent from day to day to promote operational discipline and effective operations
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a shipping/logistics role
- Work effectively with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated with a high level of engagement
- Adept problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and work teams
- Experience in dealing with the cultural diversity of a global business environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Prior Experience in Logistics Management a plus
- Minimum 2 years of SAP experience a plus
- Experience using a switcher or forklift a plus
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.