The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
If you are driven to build teams, share your drive for excellence and innovative spirit, and focused on results, The Bountiful Company is where you want to be! We are building an organization of passionate people committed to the health and wellness of our customers and to the success of our culture and company. This manufacturing lead is a critical role within our expanding Gummy Manufacturing plant and will be responsible for leading/driving operations and productivity within a team.
The Team Leader, Operations oversees the overall responsibility for the manufacturing operations in the Gummy Plant, including manufacturing and warehousing. Leads/manages a group of Team Members to produce high quality product on time and at high levels of efficiency. Provide strategic and tactical guidance and direction to ensure safe, efficient operations. Responsible for creating a culture within Operations of high performing teams.
***IMPORTANT NOTE: WORK SCHEDULE - 2:00PM-11:00pm / MONDAY - FIRDAY***
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manages the area of responsibility to ensure Manufacturing, Packaging, or Warehousing objectives are achieved.
- Ensures compliance with quality, safety, regulatory requirements, and cGMP guidelines.
- CGMP/Documentation: Performs all functions according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Leads and directs the workforce in problem identification, problem solving and implementing continuous improvement measures
- Manages overall performance (adherence to standard work, attendance, safety, code of conduct, etc.) of assigned shift to achieve expected standards in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Cost
- Communicates Operations Excellence (OE) principles to associates to improve their understanding and execution
- Conducts performance appraisals, both formal and informal and helps Associate’s develop improvement plans
- Responsible in driving the creation and improvement of standardized work
- Makes departmental decisions around waiving or deviating established procedures, taking into account any and all safety, environmental, or operational protocols and requirements
- Ensures escalation process standard work is followed and teams are engaging in Why-Why Problem Solving Activities.
- Ensures all associates receive proper training, such as GMP, SOP, Safety, and Operations. Communicates company objectives to associates. Monitor associate performance and provide coaching and training as required.
- Ensures teams maintain a clean orderly work area through use of 5S visuals management tools and standards
- Adheres to NBCo. Health, Safety and Environmental policies. Identifies and reports unsafe conditions and behaviors and takes individual accountability addressing corrective actions
- Enables, participates and implements continuous improvement ideas.
- Participates in Site Focused Improvement events.
- Other duties as assigned