Tech Forensic Processing I- Kansas City, Missouri - Tuesday - Saturday
Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Specimen Processor you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Specimen Processors play an essential role in our success and provide a critical service responding to the often pressured requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop a profession offering long-term stability and development. You can also earn a competitive salary and great overtime, while growing your own career.
To describe the responsibilities of the forensic processor within the Forensic Drug Testing Laboratory. This position reports to the Supervisor, Forensic Processing and is responsible for the routine daily sample processing of the Forensic Toxicology Processing Department. This individual is accountable for all specimen receipt, sorting, data entry and work within the forensic processing department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has a preliminary but functional understanding of the QTN Lab Information System
- Sort specimens by source (hair, oral fluid, urine, etc) and work list
- Completes Maxilog Data Entry
- Understands and adheres to strict forensic practices
- Capable of processing urine specimens for regulated and non-regulated testing independently
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Proficient with scanning/imaging all custody and control forms
- Capable of discarding negative specimens
- Performs flexilog on routine urine specimens at 70 CCF?s per hour
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Supervision Exercised: n/a
- Education Preferred: High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior laboratory experience preferred
Physical and Mental:
- Able to sit or stand for long periods
- Work in a laboratory environment and adhere to safety requirements
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Practical knowledge of computer systems.
- Commitment to Customer Satisfaction