What Ops Maintenance contributes to Cardinal Health
Maintenance is responsible for managing the service life of company assets which is inclusive of physical building and utilities, manufacturing/ warehouse equipment and tooling, office devices and physical layout of facility. This responsibility is completed through the management of appropriate internal and external resources as needed to ensure the dependable and safe operations environment necessary for a given Cardinal facility. This group has responsibility for both corrective and preventative maintenance and the necessary systems to manage, schedule and record this activity.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on basic and routine assignments
- Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy
- Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
- 1-3 Years of experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Recognizes shifts in work load and makes efficient use of time
- Self-starter plans and organizes well
- Able to perform basic math calculations accurately
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum, electrical, basic HVAC, instrumentation/controls, AC/DC drives and PLC’s.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, hydraulic and vacuum systems.
- Ability to work with control panels/relay logic.
- Equipment Installation/Relocation includes but not limited to:
- Running electric/pneumatic utilities to equipment
- Conduit hanging
- Wiring AC/DC motors, starters, relays, timers, etc.
- Troubleshooting and repair of automated control systems.
- Wire machines to the manufactures schematic.
- Ability to isolate problems without complete schematic.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair various sensors associated with automated equipment-control systems.
- Troubleshoot magnetic reed switches, limit switches
- Troubleshoot proximity sensors, fiber optic sensors.
- Troubleshoot retro-reflective photo eyes, non-reflective photo eyes etc.
- Functional understanding of programmable logic controller and ladder logic.
- Isolate drive system control problems.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.