- The Tech Lead is responsible for the development, delivery and operation of computing and information services. Anticipates, plans and delivers IT solutions and strategy which enable business value.
- Responsible for technical configuration, design, administration, development, implementation and support of application and information frameworks that Commercial Technology products utilize.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced technical (not functional) knowledge of software development frameworks and business process configuration systems. Examples include (not limited to) java application servers, integration and information systems, data transformation and integration packages, business rules engines, business process management and .net development frameworks.
- Leverages fluency in technical languages, operating systems, application programming interfaces, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Agile development techniques
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of infrastructure subcomponents and interoperability including (but not limited to) SAN, network (application routing), PaaS and compute platforms.
- Demonstrates proficiency in system information dependencies and end to end application transaction competency.
- Maintains platform or system health and availability requirements including HA\DR testing.
- Resolves support issues involving production systems.
- Monitors and manages proactive maintenance to application platform environments; manages SOPs for software and information platform systems.
- Interfaces with software engineering teams and partners on operational platform events as well as solution design needs.
- Applies advanced knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of tasks and projects
- Leads and participates in the development of policies and procedures
- 40% hands on development, 60% technical leadership of delivery team
- Works on or leads complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Bachelor's in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years’ experience in full-stack software engineering
- 2+ years in a technical leadership capacity on a delivery team
- Knowledge of Agile practices/tools, including TDD and paired programming
- Deep competency in multiple Software/Info platform technology domains
- Breadth in multiple Software/Info Platform technology domains
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.