Tech Maintenance II - Cleveland, OH - Monday - Friday 07:00 am - 3:30 pm (Rotational Saturday)
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Ensures that the facilities are kept in good repair and working order. Position reports to Facilities Supervisor and may be assigned to various responsibilities as designated.
1. Serves as electrician in repairing basic electrical malfunctions of a minor nature and installing new equipment.
2. May work as a plumber in assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and sewer systems; and in opening clogged drains.
3. Acts as a carpenter in the alternation, repair, and maintenance of buildings, floors, roofs, stairways, partitions, doors, windows, screens, scaffolding forms, wood fixtures, and furniture.
4. May operate hand saw, planer, joiner, shaper, table saw, wood lathe, drill press, sanding machine, router, and electric drill.
5. Will maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use all tools carefully and as instructed.
6. May perform minor repairs to air conditioning system as directed and see to general maintenance of system.
7. Provides follow-up on all quality control issues.
8. Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Demonstrated ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations following instructions of a supervisor;
-general knowledge of various types of equipment used in the building trades;
-ability to work with little or no supervision, given proper instructions; ability to do heavy lifting;
-good general physical condition; ability to follow instructions, given either orally or in writing;
-working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, construction, and air conditioning equipment and codes.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. ]