Tech Problem Resolution - SP - Houston, TX - Monday-Friday (Rotational Saturday)
Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Specimen Processor you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Specimen Processors play an essential role in our success and provide a critical service responding to the often pressured requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop a profession offering long-term stability and development. You can also earn a competitive salary and great overtime, while growing your own career.
The Problem Resolution Technician actively works to identify and solve issues in regards to processing and testing laboratory specimens and has complete proficiency in all SPT III job duties, PR Techs collaborate with Specimen Processing, Referral Testing, and Technical departments to research and resolve issues in order to expedite specimen testing and result reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary point-of-contact for resolution of common specimen problems and communication with internal departments to avoid testing delays and/or service failures
- May be responsible for calling clients to obtain resolution of problems
- Demonstrates competency of job duties and SOP’s related to Specimen Processing problem resolution
- Demonstrates ability to interpret specimen tracking data utilizing all available resources (e.g. specimen logs, laboratory information systems, front-end automation, instrumentation, etc.)
- Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies relating to test ordering, test reporting, add-on tests, TNP’s, reflex tests and custom panels
- Supports and/or provides priority handling of samples with limited stability and problems impacting client and patient care
- Demonstrates ability to correctly and efficiently retrieve specimens from storage, investigate sample adequacy, research test ordering information, specimen requirements and stability
- Responsible for correctly entering TIQs/TNPs
- Responsible for correctly processing, documenting, and reviewing mislabeled and unlabeled specimens
- Identifies and escalates trending problems to department management as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Perform all other job duties as assigned
- HS diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years Lab experience preferably in production environment; internal candidates will need minimum of one year in SPT III/related role.
- Laboratory experience with strong Specimen Processing background preferred.
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must meet productivity and quality standards of the department
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment
- Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits
- Able to sit or stand for long periods
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Communicates effectively with all levels of internal and external staff
- Ability to professionally handle stressful situations, sensitive and confidential information with integrity, and demonstrate a potential for strong independent problem solving skills
- Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures
- Fosters a team-oriented work environment.
- Knowledge of medical and laboratory terminology preferred
- Ensures that all Quest Diagnostics Incorporated and Specimen Processing policies and procedures are adhered to
- PC skills including ability to run reports & use to manage workflow; real-time thru put