We have an excellent opportunity for a Technical Associate Engineer II who will employ problem solving techniques to an array of technically oriented tasks under the direction of a Client Manager or Technical Lead. Implement solution strategies developed within the Technical Services Group to create tools for internal and external customers.
Acquire skills within the following areas:
- Hydrocarbon Measurement
- Hydrocarbon Production
- Hydrocarbon Allocation
- Equation of State Simulation
- Visual Basic Programming
- Process Analysis
- Systems Engineering
Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. In-depth familiarity with common office equipment and software.
- Employ engineering problem solving techniques to an array of technically oriented tasks
- Provide updating and troubleshooting of allocation and surveillance tools
- Implement technical solutions that meet industry standards and regulatory requirements
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to the latest industry and client procedures and standards
- Developing methods to improve technical processes
- Supporting other SGS affiliates as required
- Interface with clients as required
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Statement of Integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Petroleum, Electrical, Civil or Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited university program or foreign equivalent
- Minimum two years engineering experience
- Candidates with experience in Upstream Oil and Gas Industry are preferred
- Professional Engineer or Engineer Intern certification preferred
- Hysys and Unisim utilization a plus
- Ability to work extended hours when needed to meet business commitments
- Off-site and field travel may be required
- Ability to work independently from a customer’s office
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card, if necessary
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, while performing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when necessary
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations
- Must be able to work within a team environment (assist, train, etc. co-workers) but works independently with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in a timely manner to meet customer demands
We are seeking to fill this position immediately; no relocation provided.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.