The Technical Director’s primary responsible is error free technical execution of daily live shows through a Ross Vision switcher. The TD reports directly to the Studio Supervisor.
- Cutting live studio shows consistently and error free
- Rolling clips during live shows via Avid Interplay
- Work in collaboration with producers and directors to execute overall programming strategy.
- Ability to import, edit, and potentially create transitions for use within the Ross switcher via Xpression
- Lead the team during taped VOD production
- Assist, as needed, with other areas of studio production
- Assist with the general upkeep and operation of associated equipment
- Demonstrate a strong technical knowledge and application of technical directing skills
- Once trained, direct shows on a fill-in basis when needed
- Maintain a professional approach and demeanor at all times, including while interacting with crew, talent, producers, and staff
- Help create a positive team-oriented atmosphere
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of professional broadcast TV technical directing in a live studio environment
- Working knowledge of INEWS
- Experience with Ross Vision switcher and Xpression graphics
- Overall understanding and knowledge of studio production
- Some experience with audio board, microphones, and IFBs
- Ability to think quickly and communicate well
- Available to work weekends and holidays if needed
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Deep knowledge of professional and collegiate sports
- Directing experience a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.