This position is responsible for the management and coordination of Technical Communication output. Tech-Comms primary output includes product labeling, operating instructions, service manuals and their translation. The position requires communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the overall controlled document life cycle, including generation, approval, revision, archival, and obsolescence.
- Manages daily tasks related to document control. Performs tasks necessary to release new or revised documents in corporate document control system, including verifying document is ready for final approval by ensuring proper review has been completed, document is on the current effective template, and all formatting is consistent.
- Maintains quality systems and compliance for the business by ensuring that all team members comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which the team participates.
- Maintains systems to monitor status of various Technical Communication projects.
- Manages change control and daily document control functions.
- Gathers and compiles information for reports.
- Communicates project status.
- Handles issues and requests on own initiative, or under direction from manager or others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Develops processes and procedures to support Tech Comm activities.
- Bachelor's degree 3+ years experience in document control.
- Experience navigating and managing various modules in a Quality Management System software suite
- General knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Incredibly organized, efficient and process oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong focus on Quality and solid attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once
- Proactive nature
- Tactful, exercises independent judgment and discretion - professional presentation
- Proficiency in SharePoint
- Experience using Jira
- Experience with Engineering Central or other document control system
- Medical device industry experience
- Works well under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a team setting
- Understanding of the translation process
- Fast-paced office environment, requiring significant (75%+) time using computer, mouse and telephone
- Class III Medical Device, highly regulated environment
- Mission-oriented culture, energized by the knowledge that our products save lives every day, and our work here has a very material impact on the delivery of healthcare around the world
- May require light lifting of objects (<10 lbs)
We put our Ambassadors first. When it comes down to it, we know we can't fulfill our Promise to our business customers without your commitment. You represent our organization while on assignment. In return, we do our best to show our commitment to you. Our Ambassador Benefits package includes: Medical, dental and vision coverage. It also includes 401k, sick time, holiday and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.