At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Engaging patients through a digital messaging platform and supports overall health management. We provide pharmacies and other health and wellness organizations with a robust mobile, text and web platform that improves patient communications to address the problem of medication non-adherence. Our Clients include some of the largest and most respected pharmacy chains, healthcare systems and pharmaceutical companies. We are seeking an experienced and proven Technical Product Manager to lead product development teams, focused on our core mobile applications platform, with two of our biggest, most forward-looking customers. Below are additional accountabilities for the Technical Product Manager:
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Drive the mobile product development cycle and contribute to the strategic mobile direction as it fits within the broader product roadmap.
- Serve as the product owner within the scrum teams. Own the product backlog and work with the scrum team, customer, and other business units to successfully deliver innovative solutions that delight the customer and the market.
- Assimilate and synthesize multiple inputs for possible product direction into a set of priorities based on existing business goals and specifications.
- Define and author product specifications to be used by product development teams in the implementation and delivery of product initiatives.
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers to create easy to use mobile user interfaces consistent with other product designs and work very closely with the Technical Leads
- Document processes and prioritize details by managing review sessions to ensure tasks are completed on time and with high quality
- Stay current and knowledgeable about mobile and web products that are competitive to current environment.
- Program manage mobile product development initiatives by communicating and coordinating with the product marketing and implementation teams about upcoming product releases and the value that those releases provide to customers.
- Assist marketing and development teams with writing and producing client-facing product documentation and launch materials.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently both written and verbally across the business and with the technical counter parts
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business and/or Engineering or equivalent work experience. Post-secondary degree would be a plus.
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Prior experience in working with branded pharmaceutical companies would be a plus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- 5+ years experience of mobile and software product and/or program management experience
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Mobile and software product and/or program management experience
- Experience in agile/scrum software product development, working with a distributed team.
- A track record for rapidly developing and releasing mobile apps is a big plus.
- Ability to document and track details and process by using JIRA, Google Drive, and Drupal
- Experience with reviewing technical requirements and technical scenarios
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate verbally and written effectively and efficiently
- Ability to be flexible and work with various functional teams and technical teams
What Strategic Planning/ Execution contributes to Cardinal Health
Strategic Planning/Execution is responsible for developing and supporting the realization of strategic plans and management agendas
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
San Francisco Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.