Technical Production Mgr- Houston, Texas - Monday to Friday
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Provides on site direction/supervision of all technical departments for the assigned shift. Responsible to maintain acceptable sample workflow, test performance, quality and productivity through oversight and management of testing departments by shifting resources as necessary. Provides oversight of laboratory and responds to issues as needed. Responsible for maintaining compliance to all safety policies.
- Helps plan and oversee the operational activities of each technical department on the shift
- Must set the example for demonstrating good safety habits.
- Maintains documentation and record keeping of administrative records i.e. edits production throughput, error rates, etc.
- Develops and recommends technical shift goals and objectives; plans and organizes resources to meet departmental objectives.
- Assists department supervisors and lead techs with technical decisions and troubleshooting.
- Develops, recommends and oversees the implementation of new systems, policies and procedures.
- Establishes and coordinates departmental priorities in accordance with service commitments and resource availability.
- Effectively works with Laboratory departments to resolve problems. Must have the interpersonal skills to gain cooperation with other departments, and foster continuous improvement.
- Adheres to all QUEST Diagnostics values, policies and compliance regulations.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by the Operations Director.
- California Licensed (CLS), BS/BA in Medical Technology.
- At least five years technical experience with at least two years at departmental supervisory level.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Laboratory Computer System, Technical departments and Specimen Management.
- Requires considerable judgment regarding operational problems, technical issues, employee issues, company policies and methods where a decisive precedent and variations in interpretation is necessary.
- Must have prior experience in high production / high quality departments.
- Requires mental alertness and high energy at all times to appropriately perform job.
- Must be able to establish and motivate a participative work environment that actively encourages and supports employee involvement and continuous improvement.
- Interacts daily with departments in the laboratory as well as other referral labs and customers. In addition, must be able to direct and maintain a positive environment that fosters teamwork, and open communication with leadership and employees in each technical department and other non-technical departments including Specimen Management, customer service, QA and distribution.