Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for a Technical Project Manager/System Engineer (mid-senior) to support a large IT contract for our government customer in their state of the art facility in St. Louis, MO. The ITEMS UFS program is an Information Service Provider (ISP) contract that delivers and maintains user facing (IT) devices, worldwide. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting the ITEMS UFS program!
The Project Manager role is part of a larger team of Project Managers under the contract’s Service Strategy Team. You will be responsible for leading the full lifecycle of multiple projects of varying sizes and complexity, simultaneously, in support of local and regional (CONUS and OCONUS) requirements. This role affords you the opportunity to actively participate on integrated teams and lead multiple tasks, projects, or teams. The Project Manager may also have purview over Task Orders, Assessments, Studies, Pilots and Emerging Requirements.
- Responsible for managing the full life cycle of projects from initial planning, through execution, to closure, all while meeting or exceeding customer objectives
- Define clear and attainable project objectives and develop project requirements
- Manage constraints of cost, time, scope, and quality
- Develop the overall project plan and manage operations of that particular project
- Coordinate with other service area senior leads to develop solutions for projects
- Manage the project stakeholders, project team, project risk, project schedule, project budget, and any project conflicts
- Provide transparency to team members to ensure they each know their respective roles and the roles of the other team members on the project
- Ensure production schedules are met and system resources are used effectively
- Coordinate resolution of any project execution issues
- Ensure proper relationships are established between customers, teaming partners, and vendors to facilitate the delivery of IT services
- Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues
- Provide briefings to senior leadership and large audiences
- Provide guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers
- Potential for oversight and impact on complex projects with an engineering focus to include assessment and development of new IT solutions; assessment of IT infrastructure; development of architectural documentation; and development/implementation of test plans
- Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years of prior relevant experience (or Associates Degree and 8+ years’ experience; or Masters with 4+ years of prior relevant experience)
- Experience managing large and/or complex projects, specifically IT infrastructure projects
- Proficient in using MS Office software suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication and have experience in briefing
- Possess critical thinking skills and be analytical in solving problems
- Strong team leadership skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must be preemptive at identifying risks and developing mitigation strategies
- Hands-on systems engineering experience or technical understanding through prior management of IT systems engineering efforts highly desired
- Proficient in MS Project
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.