Want to join a Company that places a high value on human resources and hiring? What about working with some of the coolest and FUN HR professionals around? Do you like the idea of working in a department where our unofficial motto is to ‘work hard and laugh every day’? If this is you, keep reading.
We have an opening in our amazing HR department that will focus on offering recruitment support to corporate and our stations. You will be busy but we promise you will be in a FUN environment where you will learn lots of new stuff! Every day, we get to focus on attracting and retaining the BEST employees around – that’s where you come in!
The HR department for Sinclair Broadcast Group is looking for a Recruiter who will be an integral part of the Employment team. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, who is motivated and a self-starter.
In this role, you will need to be able to perform the following duties:
- Source candidates using a variety of search methods to build a robust candidate pipeline
- Work with hiring managers on building intriguing and interesting job descriptions that will attract candidates
- Review and post vacancy announcements to company website and other job boards.
- Conduct Intake meetings with Hiring Managers to gain further insight into their open positions, so you can successfully recruit for those roles
- Screen candidates by reviewing resumes and job applications and performing phone screenings.
- Identifying and assessing a diverse candidate pool; managing candidates through the end to end recruiting process and providing regular updates to hiring managers and business leaders
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates
- Drive the full cycle recruiting process from initial candidate sourcing to negotiation/close/offer
- Complete reference checks
- Prepare and send offer letters as well as handle all aspects of the pre-employment process
- Assist hiring managers with following the hiring process and provide support where needed
- Assist stations as needed with recruitment efforts by finding alternate places to post jobs, sourcing and screening resumes
- Go to job fairs with hiring managers
- Manage onboarding and new hire process.
- Stay abreast of recruiting trends and best practices.
- Manage the overall interview, selection, and closing process.
- Ensure all screening, hiring, and selection is done in accordance with employment laws and regulations.
- Other recruitment and HR duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in related field with strong desire to work within the recruiting function of HR
- 2-3 years’ experience in Recruiting and Sourcing talent
- Comfortable working in a hybrid environment
- Experience with Linkedin Recruiter, Careerbuilder, Indeed, etc.
- Advanced sourcing techniques in finding niche marketplaces and untapped resources where top talent exists
- Highly detail oriented, organized, able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
- Strong proficiency in MS office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and ability to learn new systems
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, ability to convey information and provide training to all levels within the organization
- Comfortable making decisions independently
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective and cooperative working relationships
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Be part of an awesome team of people and contribute to an environment focused on continuous innovation, employee ownership and work life balance. If you love a challenge, want to create huge impact, share our 'work hard/play hard' culture, thrive on change, and continuously strive for excellence, apply for a position with us today!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.