SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Technical Report Writer, you will type information, create formats, and document templates to transpose numbers and words from various formats, and compile a word document report along with adding test requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the lab operations in various types of administrative tasks.
- Complete all reports prior to the date due so that sufficient time is given for report review.
- Organize incoming projects by the date due and severity based on duration
- Experience in an administrative capacity.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, speak, read and write.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, and Outlook specifically. Also, having experience with Sharepoint and LIMS-type database.
- Strong organizational aptitude.
- Ability to type at a very fast pace with an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Must be able to type 15-25 reports per day.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or equivalent.
- 2-4 years experience.
- Mechanical aptitude/experience is required
- The ability to read and understand documents such as test procedures, literature references, safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and manuals. Ability to write in a conventional, professional, and scientific manner in preparing routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percentages, ratios and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms to read dials, graphs, and procedures.
- The employee is occasionally required to use a stepstool, kneel or lift weights up to 50 lbs.
- Periodic analysis of known standards and/or samples relative to various areas of testing are employed both as a means of method validation and analytical proficiency. The results of the analyses are recorded in the individual’s training record.
- Must be proficient in MS Word and MS Excel.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.