In this position the Technology Sales Specialist will provide full support in the field for sales in regards to Quest Diagnostics’ technology portfolio including Electronic Medical Records (EMR) interface capabilities and Quanum. Within this integral position, you will drive sales growth and promote client retention through a collaborative effort with field sales representatives by positioning the company's growing connectivity technology solutions portfolio with customers and prospects. The Technology Sales Specialist will also act as the voice of the customer by listening to needs for product enhancements and providing critical feedback to the Product Marketing and Development teams within the organization. This position will be involved in converting clients who are ordering laboratory tests manually to electronic ordering.
1. Become the expert on our connectivity solutions including our Quanum online client portal and EMR/LIS interfaces. Provide consultative support to ensure optimal placement and utilization of our solutions.
2. Support the e-Requisition initiative as the Quest/client sales person to convert manual requisitions to eReqs.
3. Develop a consultative and advisory relationship with key customers for their information technology needs.
3. Subject matter expert around topics such as Meaningful Use, EHR adoption and workflow recommendations.
4. Partner with IT and Sales teams to improve internal processes and drive growth of Lab revenue through the use of our technology solutions.
5. Resource for Sales and is responsible for training the sales team both in the field and in formal settings (sales meetings, etc).
6. Provide insights to sales team on leveraging technology to grow and enhance business relationships.
7. Acts as sales team’s point of escalation for exceptional issues pertaining to Quest Diagnostics’ technology portfolio.
8. Follows up with sold account to ensure proper utilization of connectivity and revenue growth in the account with an emphasis on promoting electronic orders
-Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in IT, Life Sciences or Marketing preferred
-3-5 years of successful customer facing sales or customer service experience
-Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Record or Laboratory Information Systems programs preferred
-Strong knowledge of physician office workflow
-Strong organizational skills; ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
-Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated solid communication skills, both oral and written.
-Strong customer orientation ability to use basic selling skills and techniques.
-Proven ability to work independently in a cross-functional, matrix environment and collaborate with multiple levels and functions in the organization
-Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Software.