Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Measurement and Analytics develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
This role reports to the Analytical Sales Manager. As a Technical Sales Specialist, you will be responsible to develop the ABB Analytical Products, Solutions, and Services business for the FTIR & TDLS (Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy and Tunable Diode Laser Spectroscopy) analyzer product lines for applicable industries. This will be achieved with strategic account development and consultative application development to obtain approval and preference for FTIR & TDLS products, solutions and associated services. This will be achieved collaboratively with ABB sales partners and ABB sales and service teams, demonstrating both commercial and technical expertise to lead the overall development efforts. A strong working knowledge of the FTIR & TDLS technologies is required and their application in applicable industries, as well as an understanding of the competitive space for continued development and market share growth.
Establish and maintain close ties with customers, sales partners and support groups. Evaluate market conditions, prepare sales plans and develop cost effective business development strategies to achieve objectives. Define the scope of supply and strategy for winning proposals, determine and execute the appropriate technical and contractual approach consistent with the organization's objectives. Participate in planning efforts with other ABB Sales Managers. Develop action plans by regions and accounts and execute directly and by directing and leading collaborative efforts with sales partners and ABB sales and service teams. Establish business/market segment strategies to achieve growth/profitability objectives and increase customer satisfaction.
Provide market feedback organize and lead project teams consisting of support groups to respond effectively to business opportunities. Determine commercial viability of products and resources required. Negotiate commercial features and arrangements with potential business partners, customers and internal groups while effectively representing the organization.
- Ensure that sales partners and sales team are in full compliance with all ABB Policies, Laws and Regulations.
- Drive the core values and behaviors defined by ABB Industrial Automation Measurement & Analytics (IAMA) sales division, establish goals and objectives and meet/exceed.
- Manage the sales funnel, providing continuous support and direction to sales partners and sales teams.
- Maintain salesforce opportunity records for FTIR & TDLS opportunities.
- Direct the utilization and development of sales partners to provide optimal sales coverage for business development.
- Train and mentor sales partners and sales teams, assess technical and sales skills and develop where needed, ensure that ABB meets customer expectations and all contractual obligations.
- Establish, build and maintain long-term customer relationships to increase market penetration and mitigate risk, develop and maintain key strategic contacts with major accounts.
- Ensure top line growth and bottom line (net margin) results that align with sales objectives.
- Provide technical and professional direction, resources, advice to develop opportunities to sales partners and teams.
- Lead and participate in market analysis to determine commercial viability of products, requirements and risks in the region, foster strong and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in an engineering or chemical field with minimum 10 years of analyzer products and solutions sales experience related to Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) industry.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Associate degree in a technical field with minimum 15 years of analyzer products and solutions sales experience related to Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) industry.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.