General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Technical Sales Specialist will provide the company with consistent support to the sales activities through data collection and research. This role will also support sales efforts by effectively preparing and distributing information and reports through regular visits to customers including feed manufacturers, livestock integrator, consulting nutritionists, veterinarian, government agencies, and other industry partners with the goal of managing existing partnerships and developing new relationships.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Education: PhD in animal nutrition preferred;
- 3-4 years in a similar line of nutritional sales support
- Broad understanding of animal feed industry
- Excels at developing strong working relationships with Customers, Suppliers and Coworkers
- Basic understanding of feed formulation & animal production systems
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to travel
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Creative thinker who can build a business
- Assertive & able to accept rejection
- Customer service & ethics driven
- Detail-oriented & a solid understanding of technical nature of sales
- Must be able to follow corporate direction and policies promoting excellence
- Must be assertive and able to accept rejection
- Quality driven with exceptional organizational skills
- Service oriented, with integrity and a sense of professionalism
- Knowledge of industry markets
- Highly self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to drive for results
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Act as primary point of contact for all customers; addressing product questions and concerns, providing solutions to problems and ensuring complete satisfaction.
- Ensure value propositions are properly communicated to all partners.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with internal corporate staff and with external suppliers.
- Promote company name/reputation in marketplace.
- Collect market information and gain a comprehensive knowledge of the industries served.
- Attend industry events and trade shows and host industry meetings.
- Support marketing efforts at commercial and producer levels.
- Manage risk by operating within established guidelines.
- Conduct data research including trials and prepare technical papers to distribute to customers, suppliers, nutritionists and other key decision makers.
- General and provide per-mix formulations.
- Provide first line of technical support to customers.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience or other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.