Technical Sales Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be accountable for sales of Process Automation Measurement & Analytics in Instrumentation, driving sales volumes and margins.
Reporting to the Flow Products Sales Manager, you will be managing the targeting and strategic selling of flow meters in all industries and in all the U.S. regions. The ideal candidate will be technically sound, well-spoken, driven and capable of exceeding our customer’s needs and winning flow meter business for ABB. Should be able to speak at a high level to channel partners and customers on flow meters. Work with key external influencers to educate, inform, and solicit orders.
- Responsibility - To identify potential projects and present ABB flow meter solutions (primarily Mag, Coriolis, Vortex) that are fit-for-purpose for our customers. Once business is received the candidate will also be challenged to find and develop as much other ABB content as possible for the customer.
- Goal – Effectively present the best solutions for our customers that meets and exceeds their expectations. The Sales Specialist is the front line of offering and executing ABB solutions. Candidate must be technical, well-spoken and self-driven to succeed.
- Market Analysis -Monitor market trends and recommend adjustments for the strategy and plans accordingly to meet changing market and competitive landscapes. Provides appropriate market information for long- to mid-term decision making.
- Marketing - Communicates the end user value proposition for ABB Flowmeters (internally and externally). Supports local Sales organization to have an effective perception in all Flow Measurement. Creates and implements the communication, promotion and training activities in the segment.
- Targets - Responsible for achieving key targets (e.g. volume, price, and mix) for Flow Measurement solutions in the US. Create detailed business plans, implements with regular follow-up.
- Account management - Ensures the major Flow Measurement accounts in the US are identified and prioritized. May act as Account Manager for Automation accounts in conjunction with the local Account Manager and possibly for accounts across the country and around the world.
- Customer relationship - Builds and maintains strong relationships with key Flow Measurement customers in the US. Follows up ABB’s performance in fulfilling their needs and communicates deficiencies and/or opportunities to the respective Business Units/Product Groups.
- Contracts and negotiations - Works closely with the relevant Sales organization to help in the identification and capture of future business. Drives the capture of end user/third party agreements. Helps negotiate complex legal and commercial frame agreements.
- Risk - Identifies and manages potential risks relating to contract agreements and prices across segments.
- Reporting - Reports by segment to accurately measure progress and uses common tools to identify future opportunities.
- Overnight travel is estimated to be approx. 50% nights per year. Overnight travel includes travel to regions, factories, channel partner locations, customer locations, trade shows, sales meetings and industry conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience in sales or channel management experience or Master’s degree and 3 years experience.
- MBA or Engineering degree in related field a plus.
- Good time/activity and priority management skills.
- Strong willingness to learn and passion for success.
- Solid understanding of Flow Measurement, particularly DC & AC excitation Electromagnetic flow, Coriolis mass flow, and Vortex meters. Additional product responsibility for primary DP flow elements, VA meters, and Thermal Mass. Leverage any existing relationships in the industry to bring new selling opportunities to ABB.
- Ability to design solutions particular to the customer’s needs while driving ABB products into the solution.
- Competitor knowledge; Passion for winning.
- Resilience to overcome challenges.
- Obsessive focus on end users, their wants and needs, their goals and objectives, how they buy, how they maintain their equipment, how they partner with suppliers.
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels in ABB, our channel partners and our end users (from field personnel to corner office).
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.