Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The Technical Specialist will monitor tickets for severity and impact; provide software support for existing applications; troubleshoot and analyze problems and requirements; research and design short-term and long-term solutions; monitor issues for trends, and convert tickets to projects when required; develop and execute unit, system, and user acceptance test plans; develop functional and design specifications; manage support tickets and projects to completion.
This role will be responsible to continually drive software improvements of multiple enterprise wide systems across all of IT lab and operational applications and ensure seamless support of our customers.
Utilize helpdesk ticketing system to record and track daily support activities and investigation of customer issues.
• Respond to issues in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements
• Communicate proactively with Business to assess issues and provide periodic status updates, both short-term and long-term
• Perform assessment analysis to identify scope of problems and escalate recurring issues to management
• Support Problem Management calls; provide technical skills to research issues as required and participate on escalations and issue resolution teams to address chronic, priority issues
• Proactively monitor Business Unit error logs and resolve issues as required
• Analyze issues by performing root cause analysis; research and design short-term and long-term solutions
• Maintain proficiency in Q-Suite product expertise and serve as an internal consultant in multiple Q-Suite applications and functionalities
• Keep abreast of the new Quest Diagnostics technologies and organizational impact
• Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including customers, technical personnel and management.
• Preferred - BS/BA degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 3-5 years experience in technical support and troubleshooting of multiple enterprise wide systems
• 3 to 5 years Customer Service experience
• Preferred - 10 years M/Cache development experience
• Preferred - 10+ years healthcare development experience
• Experience with ticketing systems such as Remedy or HP Service Manager preferred
• Should possess a working knowledge of mobile hardware components, mobile applications and web-based applications
• Application experience with MS Windows, MS Office, MS Lync, MS Outlook, and wireless communications/mobile device management
• Excellent proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting production issues
• Excellent program debugging and proficiency in troubleshooting production issues
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organizational, time management, customer service, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in the software development lifecycle phases, project management, process management and change management
• Preferred – Development of software solutions utilizing a variety of programming languages including JAVA, SQL, C or C++, PRO-IV, Wiki etc.
• Preferred – Knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems
• Rotational weekend/holiday support on-call as required
• Day Shift Hours – Slight change in shift hours may be required to provide adequate overlap of support coverage
• Competencies: Learning on the Fly; Decision Quality; Priority Setting; Customer Focus; Problem Solving; Informing; Technical Learning; Functional/Technical Skills
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.