Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far-reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Technical Specialist, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
Please note the Technical Specialist Position is an on-site Position.
The Technical Specialist is in an IT support role for our Blueprint Genetics North America team. In this role you will take the ownership of the IT infrastructure and office IT at our Seattle site. You will interface between Blueprint Genetics IT located in Finland and Quest US IT to solve problems and support the team.
The responsibilities will include installation and maintenance of local network, workstation and server environments as well as end user support and training. Also, contributes to the IT architecture and technology selections and documentation while participating in regulatory and security work. This role will support Apple laptops, Windows applications, mobile devices and connected laboratory equipment.
We are looking for someone with a strong service focus and who is willing and able to merge themself into our Seattle team and bring solutions to the table ranging from the end user issues to the rewiring and configuring the local network and firewalls. We operate in a highly regulated field of business and thus the attention to details and willingness to do things right, are a must.
• Respond to issues in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements
• Communicate proactively with Business to assess issues and provide periodic status updates, both short-term and long-term
• Perform assessment analysis to identify scope of problems and escalate recurring issues to management
• Support Problem Management calls; provide technical skills to research issues as required and participate on escalations and issue resolution teams to address chronic, priority issues
• Proactively monitor Business Unit error logs and resolve issues as required
• Analyze issues by performing root cause analysis; research and design short-term and long-term solutions
• Maintain proficiency in Q-Suite product expertise and serve as an internal consultant in multiple Q-Suite applications and functionalities
• Keep abreast of the new Quest Diagnostics technologies and organizational impact
• Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including customers, technical personnel and management.
• Preferred - BS/BA degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 3-5 years experience in technical support and troubleshooting of multiple enterprise wide systems
• 3 to 5 years Customer Service experience
• Experience with ticketing systems such as Remedy or HP Service Manager preferred
• Should possess a working knowledge of mobile hardware components, mobile applications and web-based applications
• Application experience with MS Windows, MS Office, MS Lync, MS Outlook, and wireless communications/mobile device management
• Excellent proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting production issues
• Excellent program debugging and proficiency in troubleshooting production issues
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organizational, time management, customer service, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in the software development lifecycle phases, project management, process management and change management
• Preferred – Knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems
• Rotational weekend/holiday support on-call as required
• Day Shift Hours – Slight change in shift hours may be required to provide adequate overlap of support coverage
• Competencies: Learning on the Fly; Decision Quality; Priority Setting; Customer Focus; Problem Solving; Informing; Technical Learning; Functional/Technical Skills
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.