Schedule: Mon - Fri 8am -5pm
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
This position is responsible for the development and technical support of inbound and outbound eligibility feeds, transmission (interface) requests and execution, and operational coordination and custom report generation in support of internal and external customer data needs. They will work with Senior Analysts, Project Managers, internal and external data partners and SMEs to develop and implement Data Analysis tools and create the proper documentation needed to support requests for data analytics.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists in the identification, development and implementation of opportunities related to employer provided wellness services.
- Support wellness project initiatives (i.e. long-term strategy planning, forecasting, etc.)
- Develop custom eligibility workflows using Alteryx to support custom reseller/client requirements.
- Develop custom outbound data feeds (interfaces) and reports using Alteryx and SQL.
- Develop re-usable and ad-hoc reports for clients and for internal use.
- Provide support for Transmission Requests and Data Interfaces.
- Escalate possible issues to project manager, management and stakeholders.
- Respond to issues in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements
- Perform root-cause analysis on issues. Research and propose short term and long-term solutions.
- Proactively communicate with internal and external teams to assess issues and provide periodic status of short-term and long-term solutions.
- Assure data integrity by conducting review of inbound/outbound data workflows in Alteryx, and participation in both internal User Acceptance testing and acceptance testing with 3rd parties.
- Complete and thorough documentation to support all system modifications and enhancements.
- Satisfactorily meets estimated completion dates.
- Timely and accurate reporting of project status and systems recommendations.
- Participate on issue resolution teams to address application\system issues.
- Capture requirements and develop operational reports.
- Facilitating the secure movement of data files to designated locations.
- Designing, coding and maintaining Alteryx, SQL and Microsoft Excel-based data analysis and reporting tools.
Helping to develop and document workflows.
- Provide requirements, test, and implement system enhancements to proprietary ERM tools: Wellness Engine and APEX
Assist program management team in the management of customer expectations of delivery timelines and quality of data uploads.
- Identify and execute methods to improve efficiency of data turnaround times and quality assurance measures.
This position does not directly supervise others, but does serve as a high visibility contributor within a matrixed environment, with opportunities to serve as project lead where appropriate. Must possess the ambition and demonstrated skills and experiences to lead initiatives across functional areas.
Education: Bachelor’s degree desired or equivalent work experience
Work Experience: 1 -2 years’ experience in high volume data manipulation
- Physical and Mental Requirements:
Must be able to remain in a stationery position
Perform job duties with frequent interruptions or distractions
Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
Ability to interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts.
Maintain composure under pressure
Performs a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another
Ability to comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions
Using effective verbal communication
Using effective written communication
Concentrate on tasks
Ability to making decisions
Technical Training or Professional Licensing N/A
- Other: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; including strong ability to communicate over telephone and email
High level computer skills & strong Microsoft Office skills, especially MS Excel (advanced understanding of complex/nested formulas, including: logical IF functions, Vlookup/Hlookup, Date/Time and text manipulation functions)
Basic Alteryx and SQL skills
Experience supporting multiple simultaneous projects and the flow of information across multiple work groups.
Experience leading projects and initiatives
Exceptional attention to detail
Strong organization skills
Familiarity with data encryption techniques and file transfer protocol