Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Technical Support Analyst II at our Chantilly, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to provide mid-level effective support by performing problem resolution and, as necessary, problem escalation to resolve issues in a timely manner. This position will provide support for problems within Prod, Dev, and QA environments with the ability to solve them in a timely manner. Aid with projects, conversions, and product implementations. The incumbent will provide ongoing technical support, as required, in areas such as batch job abend resolution, tape and vault management, DASD management, batch job scheduling system, along with file transfer. Position will also be required to create procedural documentation when required, maintain systems and update written procedures as applications are introduced and/or enhanced. Submit and monitor data processes and performing checks of inputs/outputs on the Mainframe, WINDOWS & UNIX platform. Maintain precise documentation of data processes. Read and interpret flowcharts, job schematics and other technical documents. Provide support to disaster recovery efforts that adequately meets the business needs, avoiding extended system outages should an event occur. Update, create, change, and add new applications to the automated scheduler on the Mainframe and Distributed systems platforms following predefined PenFed standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience working within an integrated cross platform production job scheduling environment, which includes setting up batch jobs with dependency relationships, and creating notification and escalation rules using an automated job scheduler with CA-Jobtrac being a plus, CA ESP Workload Automation, BMC Control-M, or any other enterprise job scheduler experience.
- Assigned low to moderately difficult/complex requests submitted by customers
- Experience working with batch processing within a IBM Mainframe environment running z/OS 2.3 or newer version operating system
- Experience working with TSO/ISPF, VSAM, Sequential , PDS, and GDG datasets
- Experience working with and understanding Job Control Language (JCL) command syntax and structure; IBM Utilities i.e. IDCAMS, IEBGENER, IEBCOPY, etc.
- Experience and ability to schedule large volumes of production job in an efficient manner
- Provide support to application developers on how to effectively schedule or automate
- Provide support to application development and merger projects
- Production schedules utilizing CA-Jobtrac and CA ESP Workload Automation automated scheduler
- Experience working in an integrated cross-platform QA, DEV, and Production job scheduling.
- Experience and ability to interpret and read flow charts and other technical documents.
- Experience and ability to resolve scheduling and production problems on the Mainframe, Windows, and Distributed platforms
- Experience working with Problem Management Systems E.g. Remedy, ServiceNow, Service Desk or comparable toolset
- Experience with batch processing within an distributed Windows, Unix / Oracle environment, Linux environment is a plus
- Assist with training and mentoring of Technical Support Analyst 1 level members of the team
- Working knowledge of MS 0365 Office suite of products
- Ability to learn new skills and adjust to changing job requirements.
- Flexibility to be in on-call rotation to include working evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Operations Center Professional - Very customer focused
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Communication, Liberal Arts, Technology, or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Technical Support / Production Control related environment.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.