Expect more than a job.
Our values are the heartbeat of our organization and we live, breathe and play by them every day. Join our team as a Technical Support Specialist – Tier 1 and experience the satisfaction of being part of a unique culture. As a Percepta team member, you can expect
- Culture of Service - to be treated like you are the customer from day one
- Teamwork – belonging to a supportive family team environment that encourages growth, fosters trust and open communication and acknowledges value in your contributions
- Respect – a team that is accountable, dependable and gives you their full attention
- Proactive – to surround yourself with solution-oriented people who strive to improve themselves, others and the organization
- Career growth and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Diversity - be a part of our growing diverse and community-minded organization that is all about having fun!
- Competitive compensation – we take care of family, which is why we offer more than just competitive wages and great benefits. Our programs offer incentives and promote physical, mental, and financial wellness.
The Web Support Group is the Tier 1 support desk for dealers needing assistance with most web-based systems accessible through FMCDealer.
The Business Assistance Center (BAC) Technical Support Specialist role is to consistently improve and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by troubleshooting and providing assistance to resolve dealer issues. The BAC Technical Support Specialist follows documented protocols for first contact resolution, escalations to second level support, and follows up in order to resolve dealer technical concerns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phone and email requests for technical assistance and perform Tier 1 and 2 troubleshooting and analysis
Complete and disposition helpdesk tickets such as:
- Create and/or resolve username and password inquiries
- Install or uninstall basic software components
- Verify proper software set up(s)
- Assist with application navigation
- Troubleshoot issues with job role(s)
- Create and update troubleshooting guidelines
- Document processes where there is no current standards
- Provide assistance to Tier 2 and 3 support when work load permits
- Maintain a positive work environment that fosters team performance; support and contribute to open communication
- Identify and report all concerns regarding the program to the appropriate Manager
- Adhere to, and support all Percepta business and quality initiatives and company policies and procedures
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Act as a mentor to less experienced teammates:
- Act as a backup for a subject matter expert in the absence of the Manager
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience within a Technical environment
- One year of practical real-world Personal Computer hardware and software experience, including experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Familiar with Computer Networking
- Six months experience managing and maintaining a Helpdesk tracking tool
- Strong communication, customer service and organizational skills
- Strong problem resolution and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of Windows 7/8/NT/XP and Microsoft Office, Internet technologies and technical infrastructures
- A good listener with a proven ability to build relationships with all types of staff
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail and outstanding follow-up skills
- The ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- A good listener with a proven ability to build relationships with all types of people
- Ability to work flexible hours and accommodate holidays - Some overtime may be required.
Percepta requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check and depending on location and client program a drug test, as a condition of employment.