SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Technical Writer, LSS is responsible for writing protocols, reports, client methods and other technical documentation for the Chemistry department. Performs peer review of the data while writing the report. Ensures all data packages completed and ready for Quality Assurance upon completion of the project. Additional responsibilities include being a resource for testing in the lab and troubleshooting methods at the instrument.
- Working with the Chemistry laboratory personnel, writes or reviews protocols and test plans for method development, feasibility, transfer, verification and validation projects.
- Working with the Chemistry laboratory personnel, writes or reviews reports for method development, feasibility, transfer, verification and validation projects.
- Working with the chemistry laboratory personnel, writes or reviews client methods and guidelines for routine sample analysis.
- Assists Analysts in troubleshooting methods at the instrument level.
- Performs peer review instrumentation data prior to sending data to Quality Assurance as needed for projects.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health and Safety Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct Policies.
- Maybe assigned to perform a routine test, special or ad hoc projects as business demands.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in Chemistry or similar discipline (Required)
- 5+ years of laboratory experience OR (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related discipline AND (Required)
- 2+ years of related analytical experience (Required)
- Master’s degree in Chemistry or related discipline in combination with experience listed above (Preferred)
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Understanding of cGMP regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work well with others and independently
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.