Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Technical Writer II (Remote) at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to provide expertise in mortgage technical writing by creating procedural documents, training guides, and help documents for both internal and external consumers. The position also requires developing and implementing content for the Knowledge Management system.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Function as a senior technical writer and content editor.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Provide high quality documentation support by creating and editing a variety of Policy and Procedural documentation to include, job aids, policies, processes, Knowledgebase articles, and reports.
- Review draft and near-final documents and propose text changes to document sections to enhance consistency, readability, clarity, and understanding.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Gather, analyze, translate, and compose industry related information into clear readable documents.
- Implement and execute disciplined document control procedures, best practices and content style guides in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
- Work with subject matter experts to research and complete project deliverables in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change quickly.
- Use various systems such as Salesforce, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat to create, edit and distribute content.
- Maintain the internal documentation library to ensure that documents are up to date and organized.
- Provide or coordinate special documentation services as required to ensure that non-routine documentation service is provided in support of audits or other corporate activities.
- Make recommendations for product improvements and process enhancements.
- Coordinate and participate in document reviews,training, and work with other team members to produce quality documentation.
- Demonstrate adaptability and forward thinking in the face of technological or organizational change.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of financial service experience preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience and ability to research, write, edit, and proofread documentation
- Minimum of five years (5) experience preparing instructional/procedural/training documents.
- Previous success in developing standards, process improvement, managing processes
- Strong experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. SharePoint, Salesforce, etc.
- Highly organized, deadline oriented, quality focused.
- Knowledge of financial institution structure, products, policies and procedures preferred.
- Ability to work both in collaboration with others on a project team and independently on tasks.
- Proficient at tracking document and project details.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently on documents and tasks while still maintaining high quality in work.
- Team player who also works well independently and maintains high-quality standards.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.