SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Technician, Junior you will perform routine testing, follow defined standard operating procedures and detailed instructions under direction of the Supervisor, Testing Laboratory. You will be responsible for installing the engines or vehicles into the test cell, installing instrumentation, setting up the test control interface, and maintenance of various measurement devices including exhaust emission analyzers. Then you will monitor, document test results and report results to Engineers.
- Performs routine emissions tests procedures on vehicle chassis dynamometers and using other specialized test equipment such as SHEDs.
- May use statistical methods to identify recurring problems and give detailed reports on defects.
- Installs and sets up test articles, fixtures, test equipment, instrumentation and controls.
- May perform calibration and assemble test equipment prior to analysis.
- Performs testing as instructed and records / logs testing results, communicates results to a higher-level Technician, or to Engineer, or to a Supervisor, as required.
- Follows all company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and protocols.
- Follows Quality protocols and reports discrepancies to the Supervisor.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance of equipment as assigned.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Increases technical knowledge, completes assignments and maintains passing scores for curriculum outlined in the Laboratory Test Technician Training Plan for Level 1.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 0-2 years of experience in Testing Laboratory.
- Knowledge regarding the operation and maintenance of diesel and gasoline vehicles or engines, and strong computer skills.
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology or related field
- Certification in Automotive Technology (Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)), or Certified Electrician, or certification by Testing Technician Certification Institute preferred.
- Experience in Testing Laboratory.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.