Technician Cytoprep III- West Hills, California - 4:00 am - 12:30 pm Tuesday - Saturday
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Under general supervision, Cytopreparatory Technician III is proficient in all of the functions required of the Cytopreparatory Technician II. They are directly responsible for decision making, interacting and reporting to the Cytology Prep Supervisor/Manager.
- All job accountabilities and duties required of the Cytopreparatory Technician II.
- Accessions and processes Non-Gynecologic specimens and/or Surepath specimens for microscopic evaluation.
- This includes assigning accession numbers, Thin Prep Processing, Surepath processing, running the strainers, changing reagents, and cover slipping.
- Prepares specimens for Chlamydia trachomatis & Neisseria gonorrhea (CT/NG) testing.
- Must render a gross description of all Non-Gynecologic specimens.
- Responsible for assuring that all inventories are complete and appropriate supplies are ordered.
- Follows all local, business unit, and corporate safety policies and assures compliance of the Cytology Prep. Lab. 8. Responsible for completion of all quality control, safety, and preventative maintenance logs on a daily basis.
- Trains new Cyto Prep techs in proper Cytopreparation techniques and accessioning procedures.
- Disposes and labels biohazard waste appropriately.
- General problem solving.
- Will also identify test in question (TIQ) and problem specimens.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintains specimen identification and integrity throughout all processes of the department.
- Must begin and complete all assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to collaborate with other departments, colleagues, and clients in problem solving.
- Able to differentiate acceptable and unacceptable processing and staining of specimens.
- Data entry skills. Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Handling of specimens and supplies.
- Large amounts of standing, sitting, bending, twisting, and reaching. Lifts and carries objects up to 30 lbs.
- Work in a chemical environment.
- Work in a biohazardous environment, practicing good safety habits.
- Anatomic Pathology experience preferred
- Must be willing to get State Licensure if required..
- Must have great attention to details and the ability to remain calm in difficult situations.