Technician Cytopreparatory I - Lab Assitant - Red Bank, NJ - 8:00-4:30PM
*Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required – exemptions from vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons will be considered if a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Under general supervision, Cytopreparatory Technician I is proficient in all of the functions required of the Assistant Cytopreparatory Technician. They are directly responsible for decision making, interacting and reporting to the Cytology Prep Team Leader/Supervisor and/or Manager.
- All job accountabilities and duties required of the Assistant Cytopreparatory Technician.
- Accessions and processes Gynecologic specimens for microscopic evaluation. This includes assigning accession numbers, and Thin Prep Processing.
- Follows all local, business unit, and corporate safety policies and assures compliance of the Cytology Prep Lab.
- Disposes and labels biohazard waste appropriately.
- Minimal Problem solving.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintains specimen identification and integrity throughout all processes of the department.
- Must begin and complete all assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to collaborate with other departments and colleagues for problem solving.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Handling of specimens and supplies
- Large amounts of standing, sitting, bending, twisting, and reaching. Lifts and carries objects up to 30 lbs.
- Work in a chemical environment.
- Risk of exposure to infectious materials and the possibility of injury due to chemicals.
- Anatomic Pathology experience preferred.
- Must be willing to get State Licensure if required.
- Must have great attention to details and the ability to remain calm in difficult situations.