Technician Cytopreparatory II- Miramar, Florida - M-F NIGHTS
- High school grad
- Will train
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Under general supervision, Cytopreparatory Technician II is proficient in all of the functions required of the Cytopreparatory Technician I. They are directly responsible for decision making, interacting and reporting to the Cytology Prep Team Leader/Supervisor and/or Manager.
- All job accountabilities and duties required of the Cytopreparatory Technician I.
- Accessions and processes Gynecologic specimens for microscopic evaluation. This includes assigning accession numbers, Thin Prep Processing, running the strainers, changing reagents, and cover slipping.
- Responsible for assuring that all inventories are complete and appropriate supplies are ordered.
- Follows all local, business unit, and corporate safety policies and assures compliance of the Cytology Prep Lab.
- Responsible for completion of all quality control, safety, and preventative maintenance logs on a daily basis.
- Trains new Cyto Prep techs in proper Cytopreparation techniques and accessioning procedures.
- Disposes and labels biohazard waste appropriately.
- Minimal Problem solving.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintains specimen identification and integrity throughout all processes of the department.
- Must begin and complete all assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to collaborate with other departments, colleagues, and clients in problem solving.
- Able to differentiate acceptable and unacceptable processing and staining of specimens.
- Data entry skills. Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Handling of specimens and supplies.
- Large amounts of standing, sitting, bending, twisting, and reaching. Lifts and carries objects up to 30 lbs.
- Work in a chemical environment.
- Risk of exposure to infectious materials and the possibility of injury due to chemicals.
- Anatomic Pathology experience preferred
- Must be willing to get State Licensure if required.
- Must have great attention to details and the ability to remain calm in difficult situations.