Technologist Medical Sr - NIE- Lewisville, Texas - Tuesday to Saturday
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
The Senior Medical Technologist performs tests requiring the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility in those specialties in which the Technologist is qualified by education, training and experience. In addition, the Senior Medical technologist is responsible for assuring that a given test system is operated in accordance with the laboratory's procedure manual and that the applicable quality control requirements are met. The incumbent actively supports and complies with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing assigned tests in accordance with the laboratory's procedure manual, ensuring that applicable quality control requirements are met.
- Ensures that test systems are in control" for each test performed.
- Performs scheduled instrument maintenance.
- Assists supervisor with inventory control of all supplies and reagents.
- Ensures that each test is performed according to the schedule outlined by laboratory protocol.
- Responsible for informing supervisory personnel of all problems associated with the proper performance of test procedures while also using initiative to solve above problems such as trouble-shooting instrument.
- Responsible as a team leader in the training of 4, technician trainees, lab aides, and other members as appropriate.
- Actively support and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
- Pulls pending daily to ensure test results are reported in accordance with posted departmental turn-around times.
- Verifies and releases results of limited tests under supervision of senior personnel.
- Adheres to all established laboratory safety requirements.
- Required to use (a) personal protective equipment, including latex gloves (b) engineering controls and/or (c) work practice controls as directed by management. 13. Other job-related, miscellaneous duties as assigned. Physical Demands Able to work any shift and be able to stand for long periods. Color blindness may restrict the ability to perform certain duties (Differential slide reading).
- Graduate of an approved school of medical technology.
- Bachelor's degree in laboratory science, plus one (1) year of pertinent full-time laboratory experience and/or training in the specialty in which the individual performs tests.
- Three (3) years academic study (Minimum 90 semester hours) plus successful completion of a 12-month course of training at an accredited school of medical technology. Has passed a properly benchmarked and validated competency examinations (HHS) in the designated specialty.
- Basic theoretical and operational job knowledge in designated specialty required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients.
- Communication skills necessary to handle telephone inquiries form clients.
- Knowledge of organizational/departmental policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of computer terminal operations.
- Ability to deal with client information in a confidential manner.
- Required to handle biological samples and potentially hazardous chemicals.