Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working as a Telecom Project Engineer, for various Energy Service engineering projects in Process Automation Energy Industries in Houston, Texas, providing technical details, costs and deliverables for sales proposals.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you should have experience in leading a project team. Experience in document preparation including Functional and Detailed Design Specifications, Block Diagrams, General Arrangement Drawings, Cabinet Wiring drawings and Interconnection drawings. Designing Factory Acceptance Test programs and implementing Commissioning/Site Acceptance Tests of new systems.
- This position requires extensive knowledge of radio communications, voice/telephone communications, data networks, satellite systems, and security systems typically deployed on Oil & Gas facilities onshore and offshore.
- Technical design and implementation field experience with new networks. Associated Communications equipment software application configuration and testing.
- Provide training on communications systems to junior engineers and technicians.
- Security Systems: Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Personal Access Control Systems and Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems.
- Safety Systems: Public Address/General Alarm (PA/GA) and GMDSS.
- Telecommunications: Local Area Networks Wide Area Networks, Wireless Local Area Network, Telephony Systems, Structured Cabling Systems, IPTV and Voice Recorder Systems.
- To include Configuring, maintaining, installing, upgrading and the rollout of network devices, such as Cisco firewalls, Cisco switches, Cisco routers, VPN solutions and other equipment responsible for providing connectivity, security, routing and switching.
- RF Communications: UHF Digital Trunked Radio Systems (Mototurbo, P25, and Tetra), Dispatch Consoles (Motorola, Zetron, Telex), VHF Aeronautical Systems, VHF Marine Systems, Collision Avoidance Radar, Crane Radio Systems, Wireless Mesh, Point to Point Microwave, VSAT & SatCom Systems
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience in telecommunications.
- Experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical industry is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or computer science.
- An active Cisco CCNP or CCIE, Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD), and Federal Communications.
- Commission license.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.