About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
- Process internal and external calls with speed and accuracy utilizing the SPOK Console computer workstation and Voice with a Smile greeting.
- Updates SPOK database to ensure current directory listings and provides live updates to on-call scheduling software to ensure that proper staff are paged when required.
- Calmly and efficiently handles Stats, Codes, Traumas, Disaster and Emergency calls with the highest priority.
- Operates fax machines, printers and a variety of telecommunications related equipment.
- Flexibility in working all shifts as required to meet the demands of the department's staffing needs on a 24/7 basis, including changes to normally scheduled hours, is a must.
- Keep accurate and complete records of paging and emergency procedures through the IntelliDesk console for historical purposes and regulatory review.
- Ability to work alone for eight hours or longer if an emergency situation.
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, SPOK Console platform, or similar call management system strongly preferred.
- Strong data entry/database and update/management skills required to ensure that information in database is current and available to all house members.
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking preferred.