Territory Sales Manager, Mid-South
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will drive the sales performance of the Robotics Division’s General Industry and Consumer Segment/ Service Robotics businesses and ABB Robotics overall Market Share, participating in sales strategy discussions, assigning goals, and negotiating sales budgets and marketing plans.
Reporting to the Sales Director, you will manage the Mid-South territory. This is a work remote job opportunity
- Assisting the sales team and customers throughout the sales process, while developing business by increasing knowledge of products and markets.
- Identifying customer needs and competitors’ offerings through market studies, ensuring that marketing is effective and that communications demonstrate the value proposition of products and services.
- Aiding the area sales organization in determining the best solutions, and providing technical support, product presentations, and training.
- Performing sales performance reviews, proposing recovery plans for potential order shortfalls, and producing sales reports to assist in production planning.
- Taking ownership of specific cases to ensure customer issues are resolved, and discovering the causes of lost proposals.
- High School Diploma or GED with 9 years of sales experience OR Associate’s Degree with 7 years of sales experience OR Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of sales experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Open to travel in the assigned territory
- Preferred Qualifications: Proficiency with CRM tools and salesforce.com; Experience in business development, account management, and cross-selling.
- An understanding of contract negotiations, risk management, and commercial and legal terms. Readiness to do what it takes to develop a customer base, including cold calls if necessary.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine, and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries, and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.