SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Test Engineer, you will be involved in reading and implementing test standards as well as testing consumer products in the Packaging Materials lab. The use of various test equipment will be utilized in performing packaging/product evaluation testing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generate test plan, initiate test set up, monitoring of test data and report writing
- Test to current standards (ISTA, ASTM) and implement new standards as needed
- Write test procedure (SOP) for all implemented standards. Train technicians on day to day testing once set up is complete
- Work with clients to set up customer specific test plans
- Develop project plan to monitor and track progress
- Keep clients informed of progress with their test programs. Manage changes to the test programs with clients input as needed.
- Manage multiple projects allocating machine time and directing lab technicians to perform specific tasks
- Ensure that all programs are delivered on time
- Review results of test program with client. Make recommendations for improvement where needed.
- Continue training to maintain individual qualifications from outside agencies
- Work to renew and maintain lab approvals from outside agencies
Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Engineering Degree: Packaging / Mechanical
- 1-2 yrs experience for BS candidates
- Well Organized with a sense of responsibility for project and time management. Efficient to complete assigned projects on time and follow through with supervisor when necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities across departments and operating units through effective resource management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong written and spoken English skills, other languages will be an advantage
- Ability to establish effective working and team relationships with customer service staff in collaborative manner.
- Machine / Software usage knowledge
- Ability to lift bulky items, which can weigh 50 pounds; climb, bend, reach, without restriction.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (word, excel, powerpoint and outlook)
- Ability to travel on short notice (10% but may be more)
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.