Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Toxicology Scientist you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
The Toxicology Scientist will work on-site at our Chantilly, VA location.
Toxicology Scientist – the role:
Utilizing bioanalytical method development and LC-MS/MS instrumentation, the Toxicology Scientist plans, prepares, conducts and records complex bench level chemical/biochemical experiments. This professional prepares reports and analysis of results as related to product/process development improvement. Activities may be focused individual projects or assignments as a member of a project team which may include project leadership duties.
- Develops, plans, conducts and records results from complex experiments within a specific product or technology area. Performs laboratory experiments following defined protocols and company procedures.
- Reports status of assigned projects through the preparation of detailed reports and documentation that summarize experiment results.
- Works within established parameters on individual assignments, on project teams for longer-term projects and as a technical leader to Assistant Scientists or Associate Scientists.
- Identifies problems, investigates alternatives and recommends possible courses of action.
- Maintains knowledge of technological developments that may assist in the completion of an assignment or lead to new products, processes or procedures by reading current literature.
- Effectively utilizes and applies advanced methods or technologies. Contributes ideas for new product development typically within existing markets.
- Works with infectious materials, supporting and complying with the company hazard waste handling practices.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with bioanalytical method development and LC-MS/MS instrumentation required.
- BS in Chemistry, Toxicology, Bioanalytical Chemistry, Biopharmaceutics or related scientific discipline.
- 4+ years of related laboratory experience
- Additional experience working in a clinical laboratory setting a plus.
- Knowledgeable in the use of common laboratory equipment and safe chemical handling.
- A thorough knowledge of related products and technologies gained through developmental experience in an academic or industrial setting.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.