Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Toxicology Senior Scientist you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
The Toxicology Senior Scientist will work on-site at our Chantilly, VA location.
Toxicology Senior Scientist, the role:
Utilizing bioanalytical method development and LC-MS/MS instrumentation, the Toxicology Senior Scientist plans, prepares, conducts and records complex bench level chemical/biochemical experiments. This professional prepares reports and analysis of results as related to product/process development improvement, as well as guides and mentors other scientists and project team members to accomplish project objectives.
- Devises experimental plans to accomplish project objectives.
- Innovates new techniques and devises novel strategies to better accomplish project goals.
- Reports status of assigned projects through the preparation of detailed reports and documentation that summarize experiment results. Interprets results of experiments and recommends alternative experiments.
- Works within established parameters on individual assignments, on project teams for longer-term projects, or as a leader for a project team or group. Presents experimental results to supervisor, project team members or to the broader organization and contributes ideas to improve team or organizational processes.
- Identifies problems, investigates alternatives and recommends possible courses of action. Works with team members and other Business Unit personnel (operations, product transfer, project management, and quality departments) to meet department and project objectives.
- Prepares and/or contributes to articles for publication. Presents information at project meetings, scientific meetings or to customers.
- Attends technical conferences or seminars. Is a subject matter expert in technologies that may assist in the completion of an assignment or lead to new products, processes or procedures. Responsibilities include supporting and complying with the company's hazardous waste management program, including following safe, hazardous waste handling practices. Mentors other scientific personnel and provides expert technical advice to the broader organization
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Successful completion of a PhD degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Toxicology, Bioanaytical Chemistry, Biopharmaceutics or related scientific discipline.
- 2+ years of experience with bioanalytical method development and LC-MS/MS instrumentation preferred.
- Non Ph.D. must have a distinguished record in either an academic or industrial setting, as demonstrated thought publications, patents, or technologies or products developed.
- Additional experience working in a clinical laboratory setting a plus.
- Knowledgeable in the use of common laboratory equipment and safe chemical handling.
- A thorough knowledge of related products and technologies gained through developmental experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- GMP/QSR experience preferred.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.