Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield, Eckrich ®, Nathan's Famous ®, Farmland ®, Armour ®, Farmer John ®, Kretschmar ®, John Morrell ®, Cook's ®, Gwaltney ®, Carando ®, Margherita ®, Curly's ®, Healthy Ones ®, Morliny ®, Krakus ® and Berlinki ®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs.
The Trade Analyst will independently analyze data from various sources to discover category and promoted group opportunities, develop strategic insights and create pricing strategy recommendations for our business partners. Leverages experience and knowledge of trade planning processes to help generate winning pricing and promotion strategies that drive profitable sales growth for retailers and Smithfield. Supports the Smithfield sales planning process by creating sound pricing strategies, sales communication, planning tools and sales forecasting. Works closely with cross-functional partners in Business Development, Trade Planning, Marketing and Category Management to help foster headquarter alignment on the trade planning/analytical initiatives and communications provided to field sales.Core Responsibilities
- Performs pricing and promotion analysis using internal and customer data sources.
- Recommends strategies and tactics to improve sales and profits in high impact Foodservice Packaged and Fresh product categories.
- Acts as a strong cross functional leader by collaborating with others.
- Understands customer planning process, CPG pricing and promotion execution processes.
- Partners with sales and field based trade planning resources to implement customer plans.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field and 3+ years relevant Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience in sales, marketing, or trade marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA and 1+ years of experience with syndicated data (IRI, Nielsen, etc.) preferred.
- Must be highly proficient/expert in MS Power Point and Excel, plus deep experience with IRI, Nielsen, and pricing/trade analytics.
- Demonstrated mastery of trade planning/strategy creation processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits