SGS is much more than just a place to work. It's a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and grow. Job Summary:
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With 90,000 employees, SGS operates a network of more than 1,500 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Trade Center Analyst (TCA) position consists of analyzing product documentation from our clients in order to verify that all required information is available for our global Certification Center (in the Philippines) to make a decision on whether to certify that product as complying with international or country specific technical standards. This is a full-time, benefited position with the Governments and Institutions Services division of SGS North America, Inc.
- Interacting with key accounts (US exporters) to ensure high customer satisfaction and service quality
- Serving as liaison between SGS and client, providing/addressing all client needs
- Register and process of new certification requests and review accuracy of requests
- Request exporters and/or producers to provide quality and transaction documents
- Transmitting all the relevant documents pertaining to respective contractual requirements to Certification Center for processing
- Receive necessary Conformity Assessment Instructions from Certification Center and advise exporter on any discrepancies/request for additional information
- When applicable, monitoring of inspection execution, sampling, testing, etc.
- Complying with Quality Management System procedures, Inspection Verification Procedures, Country Instructions and other relevant instructions
- Build and foster collaboration with internal teams involved in service delivery
- Proactively keep in touch with the client base to strengthen relationships and ensure retention
Our ideal candidate will be someone with experience working in quality verification (experience of lab testing is a bonus) or in an international trade environment and they would have anywhere between 2 and 15 years working experience. Any Sales experience will be an added benefit. The TCA must have perseverance as it is necessary to complete a certain number files within a given time period.
- University Engineering or Sciences degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 2 years experience working on quality in manufacturing sector, testing laboratory or in Trade import / export business
- Technical knowledge: is able to read product technical standards, is able to review test reports and quality documents
- Analytical thinker, has an eye for detail and methodical in approach
- Good Communication skills (primarily listening and problem solving)
- Decisive, Assertive and Results oriented
- Fluent in English and any other language is an advantage
- Applies judgment and acts according to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.