Position: Trade Spend Finance Manager
Location: Norwalk, CT
About the Company: Our client is a well-established, multi-billion dollar leader in their market with their global corporate headquarters here in CT.
Position Function and Scope:
The Trade Spend Finance Manager will focus on forecasting accuracy, data integrity, and the corporate management of the firm's Trade Spend budget. This position will heavily support the business development and sales team with the analytical work required to support business and process decisions.
- Own brokerage and new item funding budgeting and tracking
- Forecast brokerage expense; fixed and variable
- Calculate, track, and validate brokerage expenses; fixed and variable
- Manage new item spending accrual, estimate expenses, and budget across trade and non-trade accounts
- Support the corporate level annual trade spend planning process
- Support the Quota Management process
- Support the translation of national trade spend plans into customer level budgets by providing accurate inputs into the quota build process.
- Provide updates to trade budget based on completed customer level spend plans (i.e. monthly flow, corrections to costing, etc.)
- Enforce revenue management compliance
- Regular tracking of key pay for performance metrics such as shelf price compliance, merchandising support, unit cost, etc.
- Monitor and enforce account level trade spend throughout annual cycle;
- Engage in various regular activities such as insight generation/communication, standardized reporting, systems maintenance, data transfers, etc.
- Support various projects within broader Finance team.
- Other duties as assigned
- High Financial and technical capabilities to support data driven insights and decisions
- Experience with Trade Spending budget management and analytics
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field is required. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of Finance or relevant work experience. CPG experienced preferred.
Keywords: Financial Statements, Accounting, Month End, Inventory, Budget, Forecast, Finance, Budgeting, Forecasting, P&L, Reconcile, Reconciliations, Accruals, Fixed Assets, Income Statement, Cash Flow, Analysis, Analyze, cost, cash management, trade spend, CPG, Consumer Products
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.