Training Lead - ERP
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Training Lead, will be responsible for driving all training efforts in order to drive the success of the associated change initiative and associated change will affect over 1500 employees. Additionally, this position will oversee a team of trainers and training developers and have the opportunity to interact with business leaders and subject matter experts to gain a better and more detailed understanding of how the business operates.
Reporting to the Manager, Organizational Change Management (OCM), and working as part of the NAM Transformation (T2T) team, the incumbent is responsible for guiding the development and implementation of integrated training plans, strategies and activities that support the goals and objectives of the change initiatives.
The preferred location for this role is Cary, NC or Atlanta, GA, other Eastern US locations may be considered.
- Strong SAP/ERP Learning consultancy from strategy, to hands-on execution as required
- Develop, manage and implement specific training strategies and plans using the OCM methodologies to support change initiatives
- Ensure all training activities for the initiative are integrated with the change management plan
- Evaluate training and education needs, conduct needs analysis, design, develop, deliver, coordinate and evaluate the implementation of training as appropriate to support the specific change initiative
- Collaborates with other technical training units in the needs assessment, design, development, and delivery of required training
- Develop and execute training environment and refresher strategy
- Direct the activities of the training resources in the development of training tools, materials and infrastructure to ensure successful transition to the desired state
- Research, recommend and acquire skills assessment and aptitude testing tools for use by employees
- Select and contract with inside/outside training consultants for development and delivery of training as required
- Ensure communication for required training and education is identified within the
- communication strategy and plan
- Facilitate stakeholder involvement in the development and implementation of all change initiatives
- Act as a change champion and advocate for the OCM and the specific change initiative
- Participate as an active member of the OCM
- Identify change management and project issues as they arise; prepare recommendations to address the issue in a timely manner and implement as appropriate
- Ensure training plans follow accepted project management practices in accordance with the guidelines of the PMO including that it is managed within scope, timelines and budget
- Identify additional resources required to successfully implement the training plan and assign roles as required
- Organize and schedule resources according to the project plan
- Actively manage the development of the project and work within scope, time and budget constraints
- Consult other internal departments and outside vendors for the provision of services not available within the team due to skill and/or resource availability
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or Social Sciences, in lieu of the degree, an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Five years’ minimum experience in SAP ERP application training field where the incumbent has conducted training needs analysis, designed, developed, delivered a role based blended learning solution.
- Evaluated and coordinated training, and provided consulting services to management
- Experience in leading ERP training
- Strong hands-on ILT/WBT training design, development, and training delivery including conducting Train-The-Trainer sessions,
- Role based and process-based training design, Understanding of Role Mapping, Role to Course to User mapping
- Three years demonstrated project management experience
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.