Training School Manager - Chantilly, VA req68317 (Monday-Friday)
*10k SIGN ON BONUS* Less than 10 % Travel
Responsible for maintaining and coordinating Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute programs covering the following: Clinical Laboratory Training Program, Personnel and State Licensure, and other employee services. Provides program management support for internal client groups as assigned. Acts as liaison to Quest Diagnostics corporate staff for local implementation of corporate policies and projects.
1. Manages the budget, policy, personnel, and procedures for the Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) Training, and State and Personnel Licensure Program(s).
2. Coordinates CLS Training and lecture schedules with Laboratory Operations and Science and Medical function.
3. Assists in keeping employees informed of all changes in personnel policies related to CLS training and licensure, counsels staff members on personnel policies and other problems. Assists in the solutions and appropriate adjustments to complaints received from management team and staff.
4. Establishes and maintains Program records and reports.
5. Sets up and maintains general control methods, records, and files as required for effective Program functions.
6. Collaborates with Human Resources to contact various sources of labor supply to recruit students. Interviews student applicants and checks personal qualifications against school requirements.
7. Provides CLS trainee qualification evaluation, and education counseling to prospective students or employees.
8. Conducts research into CLS training programs and activities, and recommends changes or innovations when desirable.
9. Assures that Nichols Institute employment, personnel, and practices comply with the applicable provisions of federal and state labor laws, including the maintenance of necessary files for Director level positions.
10. Maintains program of performance appraisal and merit review to assure that trainee performance is evaluated and each person is aware of their evaluation.
11. Personally participates in new employee orientation and other programs when required.
12. Maintains good public relations status with various civic and local organizations, local employers and business people in the community regarding training program functions.
13. Manages local implementation of corporate programs as assigned. Acts as a liason to support corporate programs as needed.
14. Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
Relationships and Contacts:
Internal: Daily contact with CLS trainees and applicants for the training programs. Contact with executives and supervisors regarding scheduling and personnel matters.
External: Periodic contact with governmental agencies, Nichols Institute lawyers, outside personnel- civic officials, and other community leaders
1. A Bachelors of Science degree in medical technology or biological sciences from an accredited college or university.
2. Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills such as EXCEL spread sheets, and word processing.
3. At least(3) to five (5) years in personnel-related or supervisory activities.
4. Previous background or experience in education or laboratory training is preferred.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
6. Good organizational skills.
7. Familiarity with applicable state and federal regulations.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.]