The Transplant Clinical Pharmacy Specialist will coordinate and provide pharmaceutical related care to Tower Health transplant patients and will provide leadership to pharmacy staff pertinent to associated job responsibilities, which may include to:
- Provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care to transplant recipients in a culturally competent manner to include, evaluation, identification and solution of medication related problems for transplant recipients.
- Prepare and assist with discharge planning for all transplant recipients. Evaluate transplant recipient medication regimen on a regular basis.
- Review interpret and evaluate medication orders, labs and other clinically relevant information for appropriateness.
- Assure timely order verification and distribution of pharmaceuticals.
- Document interventions and their outcomes for use in drug therapy quality improvement efforts.
- Participate in protocol development.
- Share pharmaceutical expertise by coordinating and providing educational presentations or in-service for pharmacy and non-pharmacy staff.
- Minimal travel required.
- Doctorate Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college of Pharmacy
- PGY1 & PGY2 in Organ Transplant
- 2+ years experience in Hospital Pharmacy treating transplant patients.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- PA Pharmacist License