The Essex Westford School District is seeking a Transportation Dispatcher to support the Transportation Manager by putting safety first, coordinating efficient transportation of students, communicating transportation information with families and staff, and assisting in maintaining a professional, friendly, positive and respectful work atmosphere with an emphasis on teamwork. We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- A minimum of two or more years of transportation experience preferred. Experience working with a computer-based dispatch system preferred. Experience working with students with special needs also preferred.
- Must hold, or be able to obtain within 90 days of hire, a VT driving license with a CDL endorsement qualified to operate a Type I School Bus in accordance with federal and state law.
- Excellent driving skills and record required. Defensive Driving (e.g. Smith System) trainer certification preferred, but can be provided.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including great active listening skills.
- Great reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively handle stress and manage conflict.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent accuracy & attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Dependable and reliable.
EWSD is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment. Successful candidates must be committed to working effectively with diverse community populations and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired. If you are committed to the safety of all students but do not meet all qualifications listed above, you are still encouraged to apply.
Position pays $18.50 to $21.00/hour depending on experience. Position is available for 8 hours/day, 12-months of the year. Excellent benefits package available including family medical and dental insurance; term life insurance; access to professional development funds; retirement plan with up to 6% employer contribution; competitive leave package including vacation, holidays, sick/family, personal, and bereavement leaves.
For more information, or to apply, please click Apply Now! (Job ID 3161105).